Activity Steps in Primavera P6
This article is about activity steps in primavera p6. In this article we are trying to provide you good information about activity steps in primavera p6. We have arranged the information in this post to make you understand it easily. We hope that you can understand it well. Please check the information below.
Activity Steps in Primavera P6
If you get the required right as admin in Primavera P6 Software, you are able to add, edit, delete, or update all of the progress of activity steps. You are able to add activity steps based on your own requirements or, if your organization has defined templates to standardize activity steps, you can add these predefined steps to an activity.
- In the Activity Table, right-click on the appropriate activity and choose Edit Activity Steps to display the Activity Steps dialog.
- In the Activity Steps dialog:
- To add an individual step, click . Click in the appropriate fields to modify step details. You can add as many steps as necessary. Each step for an activity must have a unique name.
- To add steps from a template, click . Select a template, click Assign, then click Close. All of the steps defined in the template are added to the activity. You can assign multiple Activity Step Templates to a single activity, but you can assign only one template at a time.
- To change the order of listed steps, select the step you want to move, then use the or arrows to change the step’s position in the list.
- To edit step details, click in any field, then edit the contents as necessary. For steps added from a template, you can not edit the step name.
- To delete a step, select the step you want to delete, then click . To delete multiple steps, use Ctrl-click or Shift-click to select the steps you want to delete.
- To record progress for a step, enter the percentage of work completed in the Step % Complete field. If you enter 100%, the associated Completed checkbox is automatically marked after you save your changes.
- To indicate that work on a step is complete, mark the Completed checkbox. If you mark the Completed checkbox for a step, the Step % Complete value is set to 100 after you save your changes.
Tip: While the dialog is open, you can continue to select activities in the Activity Table and add, edit, delete, or update progress for activity steps for the activities you select.
- Click OK to close the dialog and retain your changes, or click Cancel to close the dialog without retaining your changes.
- If you chose to retain your changes, on the Activities toolbar, click (Ctrl+S) to save your changes, or click (Ctrl+Z) to cancel your changes.
So that is all about activity steps in primavera p6. We think that it is good information about activity steps in primavera p6. We hope that this information is useful for you. Please share if you think that this information can be useful for others. If you need more article related to activity steps in primavera p6 you can simply subscribe this blog. Thanks for visiting and have a nice browsing.