ALCOHOL ABUSE DEFINITION
This article is about Alcohol Abuse Definition. In this article we are trying to provide you good information about Alcohol Abuse Definition. We have arranged the information in this post to make you understand it easily. We hope that you can understand it well. Please check the information below.
Alcohol Abuse Definition
You’ve probably heard about “alcohol abuse,” alcohol dependence,” or “alcoholism.” Or maybe you know the new term that doctors use: “alcohol use disorder,” which can range from mild to moderate to severe.
These are the guidelines that define an alcohol use disorder, according to the American Psychiatric Association:
- Drinking more, or longer, than you planned to
- Tried to cut back or stop more than once, and couldn’t
- Spend a lot of time drinking, or being sick after drinking
- Want alcohol so badly you can’t think of anything else
- Have problems with work, school, or family because of your habit (or being sick after having alcohol)
- Kept drinking even though it caused problems for you with your relationships
- Quit or cut back on other activities that were important or enjoyable to you, in order to drink
- More than once found yourself in situations while or after drinking that made you more likely to get hurt
- Kept having alcohol even though it made you feel depressed or anxious, hurt your health, or led to a memory blackout
- Had to drink more than you used to in order to get the effect you wanted. Or found that your usual number of drinks had much less effect than before.
- Found that you had withdrawal symptoms when the buzz wore off, such as trouble sleeping, shakiness, restlessness, nausea, sweating, a racing heart, or a seizure. Or seeing, hearing, or feeling things that were not there.
If you’ve had two or three of those symptoms in the last year, that’s a “mild” alcohol use disorder.
So that is all about Alcohol Abuse Definition. We think that it is good information about Alcohol Abuse Definition. We hope that this information is useful for you. Please share if you think that this information can be useful for others. If you need more article related to Alcohol Abuse Definition you can simply subscribe this blog. Thanks for visiting and have a nice browsing. source: webmd.com