ALCOHOL POISONING SYMPTOMS
This article is about Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms. In this article we are trying to provide you good information about Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms. We have arranged the information in this post to make you understand it easily. We hope that you can understand it well. Please check the information below.
Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms
It can be a very fine line. One minute your house guest is stupidly drunk, the next they’ve become dangerously intoxicated. Being aware of alcohol poisoning symptoms is crucial, because if a person you care about is suffering from acute alcohol poisoning, they will be in no state to help themselves.
Symptoms to look out for are:
- Loss of coordination
- Irregular or slow breathing (less than eight breaths a minute)
- Blue-tinged or pale skin
- Low body temperature (hypothermia)
- Stupor – when someone’s conscious but unresponsive
- Unconsciousness – passing out
What not to do
Acute alcohol poisoning can be extremely dangerous. Your best intentions could make it worse. There are so many myths around about how to deal with people who’ve drunk to excess, so it’s a good idea to make sure you’re aware of what NOT to do.
- Leave someone to sleep it off. The amount of alcohol in someone’s blood continues to rise even when they’re not drinking. That’s because alcohol in the digestive system carries on being absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Too much alcohol in the blood stops the body working properly.
- Give them a coffee. Alcohol dehydrates the body. Coffee will make someone who is already dehydrated even more so. Severe dehydration can cause permanent brain damage.
- Make them sick. Their gag reflex won’t be working properly which means they could choke on their vomit.
- Walk them around. Alcohol is a depressant which slows down your brain’s functions and affects your sense of balance. Walking them around might cause accidents.
- Put them under a cold shower. Alcohol lowers your body temperature, which could lead to hypothermia. A cold shower could make them colder than they already are.
- Let them drink any more alcohol. The amount of alcohol in their bloodstream could become dangerously high.
Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms Helps
Better safe than sorry is the rule for alcohol poisoning. If you think someone might be experiencing it, even if you have doubts, call for an ambulance. Every weekend, hundreds of people are taken into hospital with acute alcohol poisoning. Medical staff will monitor people who have less severe alcohol poisoning closely, until it’s safe for them to go home. If it’s more serious, they could:
- Insert a tube into their windpipe to help them breathe.
- Put them on a drip to top up their body’s water, blood sugar and vitamin levels.
- Fit a catheter – a tube that allows them to empty their bladder straight into a bag.
- Pump the stomach by flushing fluids through a tube inserted into the nose or mouth.
So that is all about Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms. We think that it is good information about Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms. We hope that this information is useful for you. Please share if you think that this information can be useful for others. If you need more article related to Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms you can simply subscribe this blog. Thanks for visiting and have a nice browsing.source: drinkware.co.uk