Concrete Masonry Unit Construction / Installation Method
In building construction, Concrete Masonry Unit is almost a must. This material is the main element to build a wall. Concrete Masonry Unit, can also be called as concrete brick, concrete block, cement block, besser block, breeze block and cinder block – is a large rectangular brick used in construction. This article will talk about Concrete Masonry Unit Construction / Installation Method.
Concrete blocks are made from cast concrete, e.g. Portland cement and aggregate, usually sand and fine gravel for high-density blocks. Lower density blocks may use industrial wastes as an aggregate. Lightweight blocks can also be produced using aerated concrete.
Here is the Concrete Masonry Unit Construction Method :
- Preparing the materials and the tools
- Cleaning the location where we will install Concrete Masonry Unit
- Level marking to determine the center line and patern
- Selecting the Concrete Masonry Unit based on the size, shape and colour
- Soaking the sorted Concrete Masonry Unit
- Making the adhesive mixture for the Concrete Masonry Unit
- Making the patern with a kind of yarn
- Installing the Concrete Masonry Unit
The standard good result will be :
- Harmonious of colour of Concrete Masonry Unit
- Flattened Surface and not wavy
You may want to read these articles also :