How to Cook Kabsa, Arabian Food
In the Arabic Gulf Countries, there are many popular main dishes. One of the most important dishes is Kabsa. Kabsa is a traditional dish in Arabic Gulf Countries, and it is delicious and healthy. Most of the people usually eat Kabsa for lunch. Kabsa is a daily dish for most of the people in the Gulf Countries.
Kabsa is eaten with Salad. The salad they eat usually made from lettuce or sometimes from something called jar-jir. I do not actually understand the real spelling of this jar jir leaves. haha. I enjoy it though. The combination among the rice, chicken, beef and salad makes this dish perfect for my dinner. It is actually contains so much fat. But what is the problem if you love doing sport? hehe.
Here is how to cook kabsa cooking instruction :
Kabsa Ingredients :
• 1 chicken or beef – cut into 8 pieces.
• 4 cups of rice – soaked in water.
• 2 bay leaves.
• 1 maggie bullion cub. (you can find it in Arabic store).
• 1 onion – cut it into small pieces.
• 2 of chopped garlic.
• 4 pieces of cardamon.
• 5 cloves.
• 2 cinnamon sticks.
• 2 dried lemons.
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground black paper.
• 1 teaspoon of salt.
• 1 can of tomato.
• 2 pieces of carrots -cut into 2 pieces.
How to Cook Kabsa (Cooking Instruction) :
1. Fry onions, add garlic, chicken and all the spices.
2. Stir the ingredients, then add the tomato and leave it for a while until it is well done. There is no specific time. It depend in your taste.
3. Then take out the beef or the chicken and put it in the oven.
4. Add rice and water to the mixture and put it on a low heat.
5. when the rice is well done, serve it with the chicken or on the top.
That how to cook kabsa recipe is written by Mohammed Aldowish. I hope he is doing well.