HOW TO COPY PROJECT IN PRIMAVERA P6
How to Copy Project in Primavera P6. This article is about How to Copy Project in Primavera P6. In this article we are trying to provide you good information about How to Copy Project in Primavera P6. We have arranged the information in this post to make you understand it easily. We hope that you can understand it well. Please check the information below.
How to Copy Project in Primavera P6
If you want to copy project in Primavera P6, you can basically use the standard Cut, Copy, and Paste features to save time while dealing with a many items in the Primavera P6. For instance, you can copy an whole activities, resource or role assignment table row from one project to another in the resource planning spreadsheet on the Resource Planning page. Instead of creating a new user from zero, administrators can add a new user by simply copying and pasting an available entry on the Users page for a same user.
Copying and pasting the types of data below in the Primavera P6 are basically the same :
- individual field and cell values
- projects, including their WBS, activities, steps and other associated data items
- EPS nodes, including their project & WBS data and activity data
- resource and role assignments
- activities, including their steps and other associated data items
- user accounts and their associated data items
- global and project security profiles, including their privileges
- currencies, funding sources, calendar data, project codes, activity codes, and other enterprise data supporting copy and paste functionality
- scheduled reports
Note: The list written above is not directed to show all areas of the Primavera P6 software supporting this feature. Cut, Copy, and Paste functionality is basically supported when these commands available in a toolbar or shortcut (right-click) menu. Be aware, nevertheless, that there are exceptions. For instance, you are not able to copy and paste a project unless you get the privilege to view costs for a project.Sponsored Links :
To copy and paste a data value:
- Right-click on a row in a table and choose Copy (Ctrl+C) to copy the data item. To remove the original item instead of creating a copy, choose Cut(Ctrl+X). In fields, select the entire cell value or just a portion and then right-click and select Cut or Copy.
- Navigate to the supported destination for the new copied item, right-click, and choose Paste (Ctrl+V). The supported destination should be compatible in order for the copied data to paste successfully. For example, a row in a table pasted as a row in another table, or a date-time field value pasted into another date-time field.
Note: Hold down the Ctrl key while clicking to select multiple rows in a table. Hold down the Shift key to select contiguous rows.
So that is all about How to Copy Project in Primavera P6. We think that it is good information about How to Copy Project in Primavera P6. We hope that this information is useful for you. Please share if you think that this information can be useful for others. If you need more article related, you can simply subscribe this blog. Thanks for visiting and have a nice browsing. source: oracle.com