HOW TO HELP AN ALCOHOLIC FRIEND
This article is about How To Help An Alcoholic Friend. In this article we are trying to provide you good information about How To Help An Alcoholic Friend. We have arranged the information in this post to make you understand it easily. We hope that you can understand it well. Please check the information below.
How To Help An Alcoholic Friend
When the choice for treatment has been made, you play an important part. You can help your loved one stop drinking and help repair the damage done to your family or relationship. Here are some things you can do:
- If you drink, decide whether you want to keep alcohol in the house. Having alcohol in your home might make it harder for your loved one to stay sober.
- Be involved and patient. Attend recovery meetings with your loved one, and be supportive. Know that it may take a long time for you to trust and forgive the person and for the person to forgive himself or herself.
- Be aware that your loved one may seem like a different person after he or she is sober. You may find it hard to get used to this person. You may need to rebuild your relationship.
- Understand that you have the right to know how recovery is going, but ask about it in a respectful way.
- Help your loved one plan for a relapse. Most people relapse after treatment. This doesn’t mean the treatment failed. Try to help your loved one see relapse as a chance to do better and to keep working on skills to avoid drinking.
- Focus on the positive actions your loved one is making.
So that is all about How To Help An Alcoholic Friend. We think that it is good information about How To Help An Alcoholic Friend. We hope that this information is useful for you. Please share if you think that this information can be useful for others. If you need more article related to How To Help An Alcoholic Friend you can simply subscribe this blog. Thanks for visiting and have a nice browsing. source: webmd.com