How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery and Make Rom Backup in Samsung Galaxy Y
This article is about how to back up Samsung Galaxy Young original firmware, so that when we want to make it to default again after installing custom rom. This back up is done by using ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM). Below is the steps to install ClockworkMod Recovery in Samsung Galaxy Y :
1. CWM for Samsung Galaxy Y can be download in HERE. for other handset, please look for the other installer accordingly.
2. After downloading, place the installer in SD CArd, outside folder.
3. Turn you Smartphone off for a while.
4. Go to system recovery by pressing “Home + Power + Volume Up”, check the picture below :
5. Being in System Recovery, choose “Apply update from SDCard”, use Volume UP/Down for moving to choose CWM.zip, check the picture below :
6. When menu ClockworkMod (CWM) is on, choose “Backup and Restore”, Then choose “Backup”. Check the picture below :
Note that you have to make sure that you have more than 250 MB free space in your SD Card. After following the step #6, wait until everything is finished, then reboot the smartphone. Automatically, in SDCard/Clockworkmod/backup, there will a firmware backup for our Smartphone. You can use this backup to restore the system anytime you want.
I hope this information to Install ClockworkMod Recovery in Samsung Galaxy Y and Backup Rom, useful for you. Please subscribe for updates.
You may want to read this following article too :