Iqama in Saudi Arabia, what is it? how to get it?

Sponsored Links :

Iqama in Saudi Arabia

If you are moving to Saudi Arabia, here is some useful information on the Iqama visa which is a residence and work permit.

Iqama in Saudi Arabia, what is it? how to get it?

To be able to move to Saudi Arabia, you will need a residence or work permit. The Iqama is a residence and work permit which allows you to stay in Saudi Arabia. This document contains your personal data, including your marital status, nationality, your profession and religion. It is issued by the Immigration and Passports department of Saudi Arabia. To obtain the Iqama, you have to follow a series of procedures by calling the Saudi consulate nearest to your area.

Note that you must always be in possession of your Iqama once in Saudi Arabia. This document will be essential when you are completing any formality and if you undergo a police check.


To be eligible for this visa, you must hold a passport valid for at least twelve months with two clear visa pages. You must have an electronic authorization from your Saudi employer if you are going to work in Saudi Arabia.

Sponsored Links :

During your application, you must give a recent passport size and colour photo of you with a white background. The application form must be completed in block letters with black ink or be printed. You will obtain the application at the Saudi embassy or consulate of your region. You can visit the official website of the ministry of Foreign Affairs to locate the nearest Saudian embassy.

If you are accompanied by a family member, you will need a copy of your marriage certificate for your spouse and a copy of birth certificate for your children. If your son is accompanying you, he should not be more than 18 years old, and if it is your daughter, she should not be married.

If you are moving to Saudi Arabia from the United States, you must submit a copy of your green card or any other document that can prove your legal residence in the United States.

Medical report

You must submit three copies of your medical report during your application, along with three passport size photos. Your medical report must have been issued by a licensed physician who will have signed each copy, certifying that you are not suffering from any contagious disease. The doctor must register his license number and address on each copy of the report.

Note that the medical report must be used within three months after the date of issue. Otherwise, you will have to undergo a new medical examination. Children under 16 years old do not need a medical report. You will have more information about this on the following link:

Good to know:

You must not exceed the duration of the period of stay granted by Saudi Arabia. You are also required to be respectful towards Islamic laws and regulations of the country, as well as towards the values and traditions of Saudi society.

Article by Veedushi

4 Responses

  1. Hello.. Sir, I want to ask if it is possible for an expat woman here in KSA to apply for family visa for her husband? For example, a Nurse profession in Iqama.. thanks

  2. is their husband working? they can work and transfer sponsorship? thanks for the reply Sir

Leave a Reply