Open New Project in Primavera P6 Project Management
This article is about a tutorial how to create or open new project in Primavera P6. This is the first step to start project planning using Primavera P6 Project Management Software. This is the foundation of building a project time schedule. If you do this correctly, you will be able to build a project planning using Primavera P6 Project Management Software nicely.
Below are the steps to Open New Project in Primavera P6 :
- Open Primavera P6 Project Management Software by clicking the “Project Management” *.exe file.
- Input the user name and the password. Then click OK.
- Click “File” then “New”.
- Select the correct EPS (Enterprise Project Structure”. If not available, you have to build it. Then click “Next”.
- Input the “Project ID” and the “Project Name”. Then click “Next”.
- Determine the “Planned Start”. You can give an input for “Must finish By”, there are some conditions that we do not need to fill it. If we do not fill it, it will be filled after the project planning finished. Then click “Next”.
- Select the “responsible manager”. This is based on the manager who will lead the project. Then click “Next”.
- Select the “Rate Type”. This will allow you to set the rate which is used in the project. You can set this in several option. Then click “Next”.
- In Project Architect, you can simply select “No”. This is not quite important for beginner. Then click “Next”.
- There will be “Congratulations”. click “Finish” to end the first setting.
After you finish all of the steps above, you can start adding activity. You have to set WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) also. This is the first start. I hope you succeed. Have a nice planning!