Penetrating Concrete Sealer: Things you should understand!
This article is about Penetrating Concrete sealer. In this article we are trying to provide you complete information about Penetrating Concrete sealer. We have arranged the information in this post to make you understand it easily. We hope that you can understand it well. Please check the information below.
Penetrating Concrete Sealer
Penetrating sealers provide excellent protection against outdoor conditions.
Penetrating Concrete sealers, such as silanes, siloxanes, silicates and siliconates, penetrate into the concrete to form a chemical barrier that shields against moisture penetration and deicing chemicals. Usually they provide invisible protection without changing the surface appearance, and most products are breathable, allowing moisture vapor to escape. They are most commonly used outdoors, since they provide excellent protection against harsh exposure conditions.
A penetrating concrete sealer is your best choice if your goal is to:
- Protect exterior concrete surfaces subject to corrosion and freeze-thaw damage.
- Obtain a natural, matte finish.
- Provide invisible protection without changing the surface appearance or leaving a sheen.
- For driveways and walkways where good traction is important, a penetrating sealer is a better choice than a film-forming product, such as an acrylic or polyurethane. Because a penetrating sealer does not leave a glossy film, it will not contribute to the slipperiness of the concrete surface.
How to apply
- Low-pressure, high-volume sprayer.
- Pump-up garden-type sprayer.
So that is all about Penetrating Concrete sealer. We think that it is good information about Penetrating Concrete sealer. We hope that this information is useful for you. Please share if you think that this information can be useful for others. If you need more article related to Penetrating Concrete sealer you can simply subscribe this blog. Thanks for visiting and have a nice browsing. source: http://www.concretenetwork.com/