Primavera P6 Activity Relationships
This article is about Primavera P6 Activity Relationships. In this article we are trying to provide you good information about Primavera P6 Activity Relationships. We have arranged the information in this post to make you understand it easily. We hope that you can understand it well. Please check the information below.
Primavera P6 Activity Relationships
Once you get the required right to arrange activity relationships, you are able to use the Activity Table or Gantt chart to make some changes.
Tip: When several projects are open, you are able to add relationships between activities in different projects.
To add, edit, or delete relationships in the Gantt chart
To add relationship in the Gantt chart:
- If relationship line display is not already turned on, in the toolbar, click .
- Right-click on the corresponding Gantt bar and select Create Relationship.
- From the Start or Finish handle on the bar, click and drag to the predecessor or successor activity’s Start or Finish, as appropriate, to establish the correct relationship type.
- Click again to complete the relationship.
To delete a relationship in the Gantt chart, right-click on the relationship line, then choose Delete Relationship.
To edit a relationship type or lag in the Gantt chart, right-click on a relationship line, then choose Edit Relationship.
To add, edit, or delete relationships for a single activity in the Activity Table
- In the Activity Table, right-click on the appropriate activity, then choose Edit Predecessors or Edit Successors.The Predecessors or Successors dialog displays, depending on the option you chose.
- Add, edit, or delete relationships as follows:
- To select a predecessor activity, in the Predecessors dialog, click . Select the activity you want to assign as a predecessor, then click Assign. Repeat this step to assign additional predecessors. When finished, click Close.
- To select a successor activity, in the Successors dialog, click . Select the activity you want to assign as a successor, then click Assign. Repeat this step to assign additional successors. When finished, click Close.
- To edit a relationship’s type, double-click in the Relationship Type column, then choose the appropriate relationship type.
- To edit a relationship’s lag, double-click in the Lag column, then enter the number of days of lag (positive or negative).
- To delete a relationship, select the activity, then click .
Tip: While the dialog is open, you can continue to select activities in the Activity Table and add, edit, or delete relationships for the activities you select.
- Click OK to close the dialog and retain your changes, or click Cancel to close the dialog without retaining your changes.
- If you chose to retain your changes, on the Activities toolbar, click (Ctrl+S) to save your changes, or click (Ctrl+Z) to cancel your changes.
Note: When selecting a predecessor or successor activity, you can choose from activities in the open project(s) only.
To add relationships to multiple activities from the Activity Table
- In the table, select the activities, then right-click and choose Link Selected Activities.
Based on the sequence they appear in the view, the application creates Finish to Start relationships between selected activities. That is, an F-S relationship is applied between the first and second activity, between the second and third activity, and so on. If an activity pair already has an F-S relationship, the application tries, in turn, to apply each of the the other relationship types, if possible; otherwise, no relationship is applied to the pair.
So that is all about Primavera P6 Activity Relationships. We think that it is good information about Primavera P6 Activity Relationships. We hope that this information is useful for you. Please share if you think that this information can be useful for others. If you need more article related to Primavera P6 Activity Relationships you can simply subscribe this blog. Thanks for visiting and have a nice browsing. source: oracle.com