Setting Default Option in Primavera P6
This article is about Setting Default Option in Primavera P6. In this article we are trying to provide you good information about Setting Default Option in Primavera P6. We have arranged the information in this post to make you understand it easily. We hope that you can understand it well. Please check the information below.
Setting Default Option in Primavera P6
You can define several default values that you want to use for activities when you want to create new projects in Primavera P6.
To specify default option values for new projects
- Open the project or group of projects you will work with in the Projects section.
- Click on the Projects toolbar to show the Details page.
- If multiple projects are open, choose the project you want to work with from the Select Project list.
Note: If a single project is open, the Select Project list does not appear. When multiple projects are open, the Select Project box lists all open projects you have rights to access. Any action you perform, and all data that appears on the page, applies to the selected project only.
- Click Settings.
- Accept the original application defaults, or type and select the values you want to use for:
- Default Duration Type for New Activitiesdetermines which variable is held constant in balancing schedule, cost, and resource availability to meet project requirements.
Tip: Until you revise it, this setting matches the default activity duration type for new projects, which is specified in Project Preferences. To revise the default activity duration type for new projects, at the top of the page, click Preferences, then click the Projects tab. In the Project Details section, choose a different duration type setting.
- Default Percent Complete Type for New Activities determines whether activity percent complete is calculated based on duration, units, or a percent complete value that you enter.
- Default Activity Type for New Activitiesdetermines how duration and schedule dates are calculated for an activity.
- Default Rate Type determines which of a resource’s or role’s price/unit values is initially applied to new assignments within a project. The rate type on the assignment can be edited to change this price/unit.A rate type corresponds to a specific price/unit value defined for a resource or role. A resource or role can have up to five rate types and corresponding price/unit values.
Note: If you change the Default Rate Type setting for a project that has existing assignments, the rate type of those existing assignments will not be changed.
- Default Price/Unit for Activities without Resource or Role Price/Units is used to calculate the cost for activities that have labor/non-labor units but no assigned resources or roles, and for activities that have assigned resources or roles that do not have a price/unit specified.
- Summarize to WBS level determines the number of WBS (work breakdown structure) levels you can view for summarized data displays. For example, in a project with 5 WBS levels, if this field is set to 3, the totals for levels 4 and 5 are rolled up and included in totals for WBS level 3 and cannot be distinguished.
- Last Summarized displays the date on which the project was last summarized. This is useful for assessing whether summary data for the project is current.
- Summarize Project Based on determines whether the Summarizer calculates and displays rolled-up data based on resource assignments at the activity or project level. Typically, use the High Level Resource Planning option for future projects that are currently planning only high-level resource allocation requirements, or for projects that are underway, but for which you do not want to assign resources at a detailed activity-level. Use the Detail Activity Resource Assignments option for in-progress projects when you want to review detailed activity-level summarized data, for example, for earned value reporting.
- Baseline for Earned Value Calculations determines whether live earned value calculations are performed using the project baseline or the primary baseline.
Note: If you change the default duration type, percent complete type, activity type, or rate type for an existing project that has activities and resource assignments, the settings of existing activities or resource assignments will not be changed. The default settings will be applied only to new activities or new resource assignments you add to the project. If you change the default activity price/time for an existing project that has activities, the price/time of activities with assigned roles will not be changed. The new default price per time will be applied only to existing activities that have neither roles or resources assigned and to newly added activities.
So that is all about Setting Default Option in Primavera P6. We think that it is good information about Setting Default Option in Primavera P6. We hope that this information is useful for you. Please share if you think that this information can be useful for others. If you need more article related to Setting Default Option in Primavera P6 you can simply subscribe this blog. Thanks for visiting and have a nice browsing. source: oracle.com