Sieve Analysis Test Procedure | Graph | Manual PDF | AASHTO
Sieve Analysis Test – This article is about Sieve Analysis Test. In this article we are trying to provide you complete information about Sieve Analysis Test. We have arranged the information in this post to make you understand it easily. We hope that you can understand it well. Please check the information below.
Sieve Analysis Test
Sieve analysis of coarse aggregate and fine aggregate helps to determine the particle size distribution of the coarse and fine aggregates.This is done by sieving the aggregates as per IS: 2386 (Part I) – 1963. In this we use different sieves as standardized by the IS code and then pass aggregates through them and thus collect different sized particles left over different sieves.
Sieve Analysis Apparatus
A set of IS Sieves of sizes – 80mm, 63mm, 50mm, 40mm,31.5mm, 25mm, 20mm, 16mm, 12.5mm, 10mm, 6.3mm,4.75mm, 3.35mm, 2.36mm, 1.18mm, 600µm, 300µm, 150µm and 75µm.
Balance or scale with an accuracy to measure 0.1 percent of the weight of the test sample.
The weight of sample available should not be less than the weight given below:
The sample for sieving should be prepared from the larger sample either by quartering or by means of a sample divider.
Sieve Analysis Procedure
- The test sample is dried to a constant weight at a temperature of 110 + 5oC and weighed.
- The sample is sieved by using a set of IS Sieves.
- On completion of sieving, the material on each sieve is weighed.
- Sieve Analysis Calculation
- Cumulative weight passing through each sieve is calculated as a percentage of the total sample weight.
- Fineness modulus is obtained by adding cumulative percentage of aggregates retained on each sieve and dividing the sum by 100.
Sieve Analysis Lab Report
Sieve analysis conclusion results should be calculated in special Sieve Analysis Calculation and reported as:
- the cumulative percentage by weight of the total sample.
- the percentage by weight of the total sample passing through one sieve and retained on the next smaller sieve, to the nearest 0.1 percent. The results of the sieve analysis may be recorded graphically on a semi-log graph with particle size as abscissa (log scale) and the percentage smaller than the specified diameter as ordinate.
Sieve Analysis Graph
Below is sieve analysis graph.
Sieve Analysis PDF
If you need the sieve analysis pdf version to help you carrying on the test, you can download it with the following link:
So that is all about Sieve Analysis Test. We think that it is good information about Sieve Analysis Test. We hope that this information is useful for you. Please share if you think that this information can be useful for others. If you need more article related to Sieve Analysis Test you can simply subscribe this blog. Thanks for visiting and have a nice browsing.