Teaching in Saudi Arabia Advice
Teaching in Saudi Arabia is probably something that will be nice for women around the world. The payment is good enough and you do not have to pay any tax. This is good. In this article, we will explore a little bit about teaching in Saudi Arabia advice based on experience. Please check the article below.
Teaching in Saudi Arabia Advice
There are so many women who go to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for working as professional teachers. The teaching job in Saudi Arabia is financially tempting. Nevertheless, it is quite difficult to adjust or to adapt, especially if you are from western countries or non-Muslim, to start a life in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Anyway, you can find many women in Saudi Arabia who have good living after working and living in Saudi Arabia. They can make and spare more money, get a good teaching experience in a specific culture.
See Also : Teaching English in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabian schools are separated by gender, this happens to the teaching staff also. That is why, there are always special positions for women teachers in Saudi Arabian schools. You can definitely choose what kind of teacher you will work:
- Primary School
- High School
- ESL to adults
See Also : Universities in Saudi Arabia
The general requirements for teaching in Saudi Arabia from most people are:
- Candidates should be native English speakers, especially if they are teaching ESL
- MA in ESL, EFL, TESOL, Applied Linguistics Master of Arts in Teaching, Linguistics is preferred
- Minimum of two years full time ESL or teaching experience.
- BA in TESOL, Language Education, English,
- BA in any field plus teaching certification such as TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, DELTA or similar from an accredited
- university or institute.
- Online courses are not accepted.
- Teaching positions will not accept anything less than a BA.
Women who select to take up positions for teaching in Saudi Arabia will be compensated, their payment package includes:
- Competitive annual tax free salary. Teachers can earn between $3000 and $4000 per month depending on the terms of their employment and their experience.
- Airfare from city/country of origin to and from Saudi Arabia
- Furnished accommodations or allowance (must decide on either from the onset, however it is easier to accept the accommodation as it is difficult for a single woman to find accommodation in Saudi Arabia.)
- Transportation provided to and from work. Many schools also provide teachers group transport to shopping malls, parks and other places of interest and leisure.
- Comprehensive health insurance (may or may not include dental, depending on the employer)
- Visa expenses (including medical and visa fees) covered/reimbursed upon arrival
- Employment visa processed (toward Iqama)
- Year-end bonus paid at the end of the academic year (depending on employer)
- Annual Vacation time of 30 days in addition to all Saudi holidays (exit/re-entry visas provided).
See Also : End of Service Benefits in Saudi Arabia
We hope that the Teaching in Saudi Arabia information above can be useful for you. If you are selected in Saudi Arabia as a professional teacher and you find any teaching job vacancy, please share to others. Sharing information just like this, can help and change people’s lives. So let us contribute something for better life.